Get your Green on and celebrate St Patrick’s Day Sunday 17th March. St Patrick’s Day celebrates the death of St Patrick – who is believed to be responsible for introducing Christianity to Ireland.
Make sure you have the right St Patrick’s Day decorations and Dress ups to suit this very green occasion. Here is a list of must haves to celebrate St Patrick’s Day in green style and to hopefully gain the luck of the Irish.
Get Your Green On
From Green Fedoras to Green Feather Boas we have all you need to dress head to foot in Green. Green suspenders and green moustaches are easy St Patrick’s Day touches. Use Green Face Paint to paint Shamrocks on your face or get more adventurous and add some orange and white face paint to create the Irish tri-colour flag.
Dress Like a Leprechaun
Become part of Irish Folklore and dress up like a Leprechaun. Leprechauns are small fairy like creatures, with a red beards, green top hats and green jackets. They are mystical creatures who mend shoes and are believed to keep pots of gold at the end of rainbows. Team our all in one top hat and beard with a green shirt for a quick and easy Leprechaun costume.
Make Your Own Pot Of Gold
What you will need:
- Pack of 520ml Round takeaway containers
- Pack of Round Lids
- Green Paint
- Black Satin Ribbon
- Gold cardboard
- Gold Chocolate coins.
- Paint the outside of the container and lid with the green paint and set aside to dry
- Cut the black ribbon to the circumference of the top of the container and glue to the outside of the container
- Cut a buckle from the gold cardboard and glue to the black ribbon
- Fill your leprechaun hat with gold chocolate coins
- Voila your own pot of gold
St Patricks Day Balloons
You will need:
- 3 x green Foil Heart Balloons
- 30 Balloon Disposable Helium Tank if you want the balloons to float free standing or Air pump if you are going to hang the balloons on the wall
- Metallic Gold Ribbon
- Inflate the 3 heart balloons
- Tie gold metallic to each balloon
- Make a bunch of the balloons and position them to they create a shamrock
- Use double sided tape to keep the balloons in place
Another effective and inexpensive party idea is creating a honeycomb streamer backdrop behind your party table. Use rainbow colours (red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple) or just your basic green to create a magical backdrop for your party table or photos.
Oh to be sure! To Be Sure! St Patricks Day is a mighty green and fun event and luckily it comes around this time every year.